SkypEmoticons. Virus or Not?
Don’t get fooled by SkypEmoticons application which may look like an official plugin for the well-known chat service software Skype. In reality, SkypEmoticons is nothing but malware that can be downloaded from skypemoticons.com website. But more often this malicious app is bundled together with legit software downloads, thus secretly infiltrating into your system.
SkypEmoticons officially states that it can operate along with Skype program and enrich it by various ‘conversation tools’. However, none of these so-called tools are useful. Unfortunately, there is a risk for your Skype account to be hijacked because of security holes that are brought along with SkypEmoticons. You or your contacts may receive messages promoting other malicious software or even viruses.
Even if you decide to have SkypEmoticons on your PC, extra precautions must be taken. Always have your antivirus software running and updated with latest signatures. However, we strongly recommend to remove SkypEmoticons as soon as possible. It won’t benefit you in any way.
Automatic SkypEmoticons Removal
Download and install SpyHunter to detect SkypEmoticons and remove it.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8. Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Note: download size is 0.7 MB. SpyHunter trial version offers an unlimited number of scans and detections for free. You can remove detected files, processes and registry entries yourself or purchase a full version.
Manual SkypEmoticons removal
Important Note: SkypEmoticons can be removed manually, however any mistakes can lead your PC to permanent damage of the system. Therefore a manual removal process is highly recommended for IT experts and system administrators. For regular users, FixBrowsers.com team recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. To remove SkypEmoticons, check your Add/Remove Programs list in Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs). In the list search for apps related to “SkypEmoticons” and then choose ‘Uninstall’.
2. Delete any browser plugin related to “SkypEmoticons”:
Firefox -> Add-ons -> Extensions.
Google Chrome -> Settings -> Extensions.
Internet Explorer -> Manage add-ons ->Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Delete any folder related to “SkypEmoticons” from the following folders: